Standing Train Notices 1116/2017 and 1321/2020 are now CANCELLED and REPLACED with Standing Train Notices 2878 (Portland/Maroona) and 2879 (Portland Yard) dated 27/11/2020:
APPLIES TO THE FOLLOWING:
Portland (exclusive) to Maroona (exclusive) Corridor
Commencing from 27/11/2020 and until further notice, the rail line between Maroona and Portland was open to all rail traffic.
A maximum TEMPORARY SPEED RESTRICTION of 40km/h applies between Maroona Signal 8 to the end of Train Order Working at Portland Signal 1.
Rail Traffic Crews are to comply with any lower TSR speeds encountered en route.
Due to infrequent rail traffic movements on the Portland to Maroona corridor, between Maroona Signal 8 and Portland Signal 1, the following instruction regarding all active level crossings applies:
All Train Orders issued on the Portland to Maroona corridor for rail traffic movements between Maroona Signal 8 and Portland Signal 1, are to be endorsed:
"Approach All Active Level Crossings With Caution, Train Notice 2878/2020 applies"
All drivers of rail traffic movements on approach to each active level crossing must:
- Treat the active level crossing as faulty or potentially faulty (as no flagmen are provided),
- If the warning equipment is operating correctly, proceed,
* If the warning equipment is not operating correctly, the Driver must direct the Second Crew Member to operate the manual test switch for the level crossing,
* Once an assurance has been obtained from the Second Crew Member that the level crossing warning equipment has operated correctly for a period of not less than 30 seconds and any road vehicle / pedestrians approaching the level crossing have stopped and it is safe to do so, the train may proceed over the level crossing,
* As soon as possible, report the status of the level crossing to the Network Controller.
The above procedure also applies to Track Machines as listed in TA20 - ARTC Code of Practice for the Victorian Main Line Network.
All affected level crossings on the Portland (exclusive) to Maroona (exclusive) corridor are as follows:
- 248.290 km - Delacombe Way (Edgarly Road)
- 247.020 km - Willaura-Wickliffe Road
- 267.726 km - Glenelg Highway
- 290.229 km - Pensurst-Dunkeld Road
- 294.806 km - Glenelg Highway
- 310.390 km - Strathkeller Road (Stawell Road)
- 315.966 km - Mill Street
- 316.810 km - Tyers Street
- 319.655 km - South Boundary Road
- 320.620 km - Hamilton Port Fairy Road
- 324.730 km - Burgins Road
- 330.810 km - Henty Highway
- 354.620 km - Condah-Coleraine Road
- 357.960 km - Henty Highway
- 363.060 km - Ellis Road
- 377.800 km - Woolsthorpe-Heywood Road (Ettrick Road / Warnambool Road)
- 378.610 km - Mount Clay Road
- 388.290 km - Princes Highway
- 396.740 km - Gorae West Road
- 399.210 km - Westlakes Road
- 400.120 km - Darts Road
AUTHORISED BY: Operations Interface SA/VIC, Interstate Network.