Amendment to Procedure Pre-Work Brief RLS-PR-005
From 0001hrs Wednesday 25 March 2020 until further notice, ARTC will introduce changes to the Procedure Pre-Work Brief RLS-PR-005 as detailed in this Train Notice.
Due to the risk of workers being exposed to Coronavirus (COVID 19) through close contact, workers will no longer be required physically sign the Pre-Work Brief document.
The person delivering the Pre-Work Brief must;
** confirm with all workers that they are:
- free from drugs and alcohol,
- free from the effects of fatigue or illness and fit for work,
- the task hazards have been identified and controls implemented, and they had the opportunity to identify new hazards and question the controls, and the workers understand their responsibilities and obligations to implement the nominated controls,
- they have been provided with the appropriate work task descriptions and worksite protection arrangements established for the site,
- they have been trained in and understand the relevant work method statements,
** sight all workers current RIW cards (both physical or virtual card),
** record the names (first name initial and last name) of workers and their RIW number beside each name of each worker attending the pre-work briefing.
Where persons are exempt from holding a RIW card as per Protocol for Entering the ARTC Rail Corridor RLS-PR-003, these persons must present a photo identification (i.e. Drivers Licence) to the person delivering the Pre-Work Brief who will record their name (first name initial and last name) and identification number.
AUTHORISED BY: Operations Interface, Interstate Network.